Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Banana Protein Pancakes

Pin It
 I was a little skeptical about how this pancake would turn out while I was mixing the batter. I, for sure, thought that it was going to turn out "hard or tough". But it was one of the yummiest banana pancakes I've had in a while. I made it for Father's Day breakfast for hubby before he went on his long bike ride.

Banana Protein Pancakes (adapted from Men's Health)
Ingredients:
  • 5 Tbsp + 1 tsp vanilla protein powder (I used Sun Warrior)
  • 5 Tbsp + 1 tsp AP flour
  • 2 Tbsp quick cooking oats
  • 1 packet stevia (I used Apriva)
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 banana mashed
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 1 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, combine the protein powder, flour,  oats, stevia and baking powder. Mix well. Add the banana, egg and yogurt. Mix.

2. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-low heat.

3. Spoon half of the batter into the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until firm and golden brown. Flip the pancake and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute or until golden brown.

4. Repeat with the remaining batter.

Makes 2 medium sized pancakes.

I topped it off with the rest of the banana, Smart balance margarine and maple syrup.


Hubby liked it a lot.  Definitely a keeper!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...