Friday, August 10, 2012

Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

Pin It
Peanut Butter is a staple in my pantry. It's a great and easy source of protein plus it's yummy. I practically eat it everyday, sometimes out of the jar [don't judge]. I've tried other nut butters before {like almond} but it's just not the same. Although it may not be the healthiest, it's what I prefer!

Here's a comparison of all the nut butters:

So I found a recipe online for an on-the-go snack or breakfast cookie that combines a lot of the things I love. 

Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies (adapted from Daily Unadventures in Cooking)
Ingredients:
  • 2/3 cup canola oil
  • 1 cup natural peanut butter (I used Maranatha brand)
  • 1/4 cup organic sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
  • 3 cups oats
  • 1 cup AP flour
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375F.
  2. Beat together oil and peanut butter. Then add in eggs, sugar, and vanilla and beat until mixed. Stir in coconut.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix together oats, flour, baking powder and baking soda. Stir this into the peanut butter mixture.
  4. Drop into greased baking sheet in 1 1/2 Tbsp globs. Gently press to flatten and bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a cooling rack.


Then I don't feels so guilty --- smearing peanut butter all over my face!

Plans for today: Run 4'ish  miles and then I have a hair appointment this afternoon (need to take care of my greasy-gray infested nest).  Zumba was packed last night, what a difference 1 week makes. Teaching this weekend and then we may go for a hike at the Bowl-and-Pitcher trail.

Your turn --- fun plans this weekend?



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...