Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend hike

Pin It
Good Monday afternoon!

I've had a busy morning so far --- having to sub at the gym this morning and then a meeting afterwards. It's a good thing I got at least 8 hours of sleep last night. Lately, Smalls has been getting up 4 to 5 times at night --  barking at *something* outside. I think he hears other animals {birds, dogs, deers} and his protective instincts kick in. Well, last night he only got up once. Thank goodness.

Rewind to the weekend: Hubby and I went for a mini-hike over the weekend. We decided to go to the Riverside State Park, specifically the Bowl and Pitcher area.
 Smalls liked having all the new sites and smells.
 He wasn't even scared walking through the swinging suspension bridge.
Then we hiked up some stairs into a trail for a better view!
 It was quite hot but Smalls didn't mind [so much]. We packed his little water bottle to cool him off.
 He even smiled for the camera!!!
 We saw an osprey's nest, too.
I think he was looking for lunch....
The weather was getting pretty hot and humid so we headed home. The car temp said 104F!!!
No wonder Smalls was so thirsty...
and conked as we drove home.
That's my little boy.

Dinner was easy.... Thyme Fried Chicken with Arugula Salad on the side.

I gotta get some lunch in my belly and teaching class this afternoon. Just wanted to update you real quick.

Have a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...