Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday Motivation

Pin It
I've been having a hectic time at work for the past couple of weeks. I feel anxious when I don't have a grasp on everything that I need to do to perform my job. I have to admit that I have a Type A personality and need to be in control of most of the things in my life. Unfortunately, when you start a new job, you don't have that control and at times, I feel so helpless. At this point, *I don't know what I don't know* -- at least not enough to figure out what questions to ask.

There are certain factors that are not going in my favor at work. First, I'm only working 3 days a week so I sorta lose that continuity. Second, I'm working with 2 physicians who are also new to the clinic. Third, the person who is supposed to mentor me is leaving in 2 weeks [and we've only worked together once! --- wtf?!]. Change is good....I firmly believe that but sometimes you encounter resistance to change and no matter what you say or do, they have an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude. I may not handle change very well myself, but I try to stay open-minded and tell myself that  there's always room for improvement.

All I can control is how I react and respond to situations. Lots of deep breathing and private affirmations. Work is one of life's biggest stressors and if you are able to recognize and deal with the stress in a positive way, it will help you stay healthy {and sane} at least until the next stressor comes up.


Here's some other ways to deal with stress :

  • Take steps towards thinking more positively.
  • Learn to relax.
  • Be organized.
  • Identify the things that put you under stress.
  • Stop worrying about what you cannot change.
  • Take responsibility for making your life what you want it to be.
  • Rehearse (visualize) - when you know that you are going to face a stressful situation, rehearse how you are going to handle it.
  • Develop a sense of humor - one of the barriers to stress reduction is the temptation to take things too seriously.
  • Talk to friends.
  • Learn to say no; you cannot do everything you are asked.
  • Accept and appreciate the turmoil around you, without it there couldn't be anything you could call a good thing.

Your turn, how do you deal with stress?



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...