These were super easy to make and I tweaked it a little bit to make it *semi-healthy*. It's almost a cross between pumpkin bread and chocolate chip cookies. I brought them to work and they were a hit! Perfect for fall season!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from Kirbie's Cravings)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Splenda (for baking)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups AP flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F and prepare baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
2. Whisk together pumpkin, sugar, canola oil, vanilla and egg in a large bowl;. Ina separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt. Add the flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until combined.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Take 2 Tbsp full of dough and drop onto cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Try to shape the dough to resemble a cookie. The cookies don't spread much during baking and will rise up.
5. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm. The cookie dough will be almost the same size and shape as the finished cookies as the batter does not spread much.