- 2 1/2 cups walnut halves
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place walnuts on a work surface and finely chop. Transfer to a baking sheet and toast until fragrant, about 9 minutes. Let cool.
3. Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in a bowl. Stir in walnuts.
4. Add egg whites and vanilla; beat with a fork or an electric mixer on medium until batter is just moistened. (Do not overbeat batter or it will stiff).
5. Drop batter by the teaspoonful onto baking sheet in even;y s[aced mounds.
6. Bake cookies until tops are lightly cracked and glossy, about 15 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
7. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Add this to your "cookie" aresenal. Only 55 calories per cookie!!!!
Workout for the week:
Sunday - Run 5 miles
Monday - Body PUMP/Zumba
Tueday - RPM
Wednesday - Body Attack
Thursday - Zumba
Friday - Body PUMP
Saturday - RPM
Sunday - REST