Thursday, December 27, 2012

My first Stitch Fix!

Pin It
Never heard of Stitch Fix?

Well, the big rage on the inter-web-blog right now are monthly subscription boxes. You can sign up for just about anything under the sun --- from coffee to dog treats, healthy snacks to jewelry --- you name it, you can find a subscription box tailored for you. It's not any different than say, the fruit of the month club or even Proactiv. It's like a "swag" bag and it's how most small businesses can get their products and name out there to the public.

You just have to research and be careful with what you sign up for.
There are certain subscription box services that will send you "sample sizes" of items that I personally, don't want to pay for. I can get "samples" from the mall, Costco or even Target so why pay for them?

So one such service is called Stitch Fix. From their website:


How It Works



1

Fill Out Your Style Profile

Tell us what we need to know about your size, shape, style, price preferences, and lifestyle.
2

Get Your Fix and Try It On

We'll send you five hand-picked items of clothing and accessories with tips on how to wear each one.
3

Decide What to Keep

Send back the rest in a pre-paid mailing bag. 
4

Check Out Online

Give us feedback on your Fix - your stylist gets better over time if we know what worked and what didn't for you.

I got my first box on Christmas Eve [you can schedule your "Fix" anytime you want, not necessarily have to be monthly]. There were five items in my box including a pair of earrings.

You pay a $20 styling fee which is used towards your final order if you decide to keep anything (you cannot roll over the $20 towards your next Fix) . If you decide to keep all items, you get a 25% discount.

What I like is that the clothes even come with suggestions on how to pair it with items that you may already have in your wardrobe.
What surprised me is that the clothes all fit! My only complaint would probably be that one item was not exactly what I would have picked for myself -- and looked a little "too young" for my taste. And I didn't care for the earrings. (I don't usually pay $58 for 1 piece of accessory).

But overall, I was pleasantly surprised. I was really tempted to keep all the items and with the 25% discount and $20 styling fee, the total would have been around $179 (original $260).

I've already scheduled another Fix for next month. I think it's worth it and for someone who hates going to the mall (I'd rather do one-stop-shopping at TJ Maxx or outlet stores), it's a great service to have your own personal stylist and clothes delivered right to your door.

If you need more info, check out their website HERE. Or their BLOG.

If you sign up... click on this CODE and I get a $25 credit .

Maybe a New Year's present for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...