The sun is shining this morning and I hope it lasts throughout the day (still a little chilly outside but there's certainly a glimpse of spring in the air). Unfortunately, I have a lot of chores to do indoors including getting a short yoga session in.
One of those chores also include cleaning out the fridge.
I have lots of bananas on my kitchen counter so besides freezing half of them (for smoothies), I used 3 yesterday to make Banana Bread cupcakes.
- 1 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- dollop of Nutella (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line muffin tip with muffin paper or lightly grease.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the first 4 ingredients. In another bowl, beat together the bananas, sugars, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
3. Optional: Add a dollop of Nutella on top of batter.
4. Bake in oven for 18 - 20 minutes, until wooden toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.
On the fitness front, I'm happy I was able to teach STEP on Monday and stay the extra hour for Body PUMP. I was especially happy that I got to do Zumba yesterday even though I didn't shake my booty that "hard". My right oblique is still sore. So I was inspired this morning when I read Kaitlin's post where she talked about re-defining your race goals particularly if you have a setback such as an injury. Check it out, when you get a chance.
Lots of packing to do today, too
Off to do chores ~ have a wonderful Wednesday!