Monday, May 23, 2011

Post Surgery

Pin It
Hi everyone!

Sorry for being MIA...still in Ohio caring for DD after hip surgery. I've been here for almost a week now. Hubby went back home 2 days ago (someone has to be with Smallsie)....and I will be here for another week to help DD out.

The weather has been so unpredictable. It was cloudy and rainy the first few days that we spent in Columbus and when we came back to Dayton, it was hot and humid.

 We stayed at the Hyatt in downtown Columbus while DD had her surgery at OSU Medical Center.

While waiting for DD to be out of surgery....we went to an indoor Farmer's Market to explore and have lunch.

We both had Pho ~ a Vietnamese noodle soup usually served with beef or chicken (we got one of each). It also has rice rice noodles, Vietnamese basil, lime, and bean sprouts. It was soooo good especially in "rainy" weather.

....and a Thai iced tea with tapioca pearls for dessert.

We headed back to OSU where DD stayed overnight.


Then headed back to Dayton where DD will start rehab and finish the semester before heading home. 

The temperature has been in the 70's but the humidity makes it worse. Of course I didn't realize this until after being unable to breathe during my runs outside.

So far, I've been on track with my training schedule with little right hip soreness (fingers crossed). My Half-marathon is in about a month.

We've gone grocery shopping for the week and I've been cooking up a storm everyday with leftovers for DD (for when I leave).

Last night's dinner:
Beef Stroganoff (recipe from Cooking Light)

 Dessert was Nutella Brownies  (recipe from the Food Network)

With all the stress and time/weather change, I've also come down with a sore throat. I haven't been able to get a good night's sleep in about a week....

Well, I hope all is well with everyone. Gonna try and blog again before I leave but if not..

...have a great week!

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...