Thursday, October 18, 2012

Before I do Anything

Pin It

Hi friends!

Remember last week, when I told you that I had an interview for a "big-girl" job?
First off, I wore the outfit with the white blouse
Secondly........I got the job!

If you've been following my blog, you know that my background is in nursing. And I actually retired this time of year, about 2 years ago. You can read it HERE.

Since "retirement", I've been involved in teaching fitness classes in local gyms. I've always done that, even when I was still working. At first, it has been such a blessing for me to be able to *retire* and do what I love to do which was fitness, health and exercise. I became a personal trainer, received my certification in Zumba and today, I teach different types of classes in 2 gyms. 

I've always craved for new challenges and fulfillment in anything that I do. It came to a point that I needed something else to satisfy those carvings and feel productive on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy being a fitness instructor and will continue to do so but I wanted to augment it with what I've known for so many years ...  something that I'm good at ..... and that is being able to help people as a nurse. 

My work capacity and position will be totally different from what I used to do {so hopefully, will avoid burn-out again}.

The past few days, I've been going back and forth ---- filling out paperwork.....

...getting all sorts of blood tests, drug tests and shots completed...


..... and I start work next week.

So I guess that's my BIG news.

Here's some Recent Eats:
Bow Tie Pasta with Smoked Salmon, Goat Cheese and Chives


Breakfast Scones [Pumpkin with Cranberries] 
a find from TJ Maxx


Your turn: What's going on in your life??? Any BIG news?



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...